so much happens in one day
barely enough time to play
but so often lines get blurred
and happy is my heart today… (cheesy, yes. true, yes… and descriptions after photos.)
1. First thing in the morning I make coffee and hang out with God. We have a routine, He and I. I make breakfast. We talk. I eat. I read. He speaks. Sometimes I hear him, sometimes not.
2. Most days I run. Saturdays I get to run long. I could not figure out how to get running shots, so I haphazardly held the camera over my head and stretched my arms out as far as I could and shot down… and there you go.
3. I swung by my parents house to pick some stuff up. My older siblings give me a hard time for only ever taking pictures of the little boys, but they are the ones who are consistently home. Jono reading on the couch is oh so Jono. And Jake, well, he wanted to get in on the photo taking. Mom and Dad arrived home from a walk as I left.
4. I had coffee with Liz today. We hadn’t hung out in a long time. We talked about family and life and mostly steered away from politics. I love sitting down with an old friend, catching up and realizing that the passing of time simply means more conversation to have. We lost no time filling one another in, and the man sitting next to us stopped by and told Liz to read a book about quantum physics. He said we were two of the most intelligent young women he’d ever heard talk. That’s what happens when you hang out with Liz. You get some intelligent conversation.
5. Most days I write. Today I wrote at the office. I wore my Tom’s. They’re shoes for tomorrow, you know.
6. Ryan and I worked on a talk we are giving at church tomorrow. We have never done anything like this before, so it will be interesting. Ryan is the youth pastor at the church where I work.
7. Amber and I did a photo shoot today. Then we shopped. Then we ate. We get to hang out all the time and do the kind of work that bleeds into play. She even let me take her picture. Amber is one of my best friends, and she is strong and funny and beautiful. We make a good team.
8. See, I told you we make a good team. I know God’s kindness to me best through the people he puts in my life. I remembered that tonight looking at these photos.
9. Amber and I met these girls in Mockingbird Station, and they let us take their photos. They weren’t too sure about it though.
10. What would a day of photography be without a few random creative shots? When I read the subject of today was ten, I decided to photograph ten parts of my story today. So there you go. That’s my day. I’m off to bed.